About the Course
Our course will celebrate the peaks and foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The course is hilly, both up and down. The race will begin at Highland Brewing Co. in Asheville, NC and travel through Hendersonville, NC and Travelers Rest, SC, with stops at Southern Appalachian Brewery and Swamp Rabbit Brewery. Over the course of the day, there are 11 transitions, where one of your teammates will end their run and another will begin. Teams will finish near downtown Greenville with a celebration featuring a variety of local brewers, music, and food trucks. Get course routes and our trusty guidebook to help you navigate the day. Please remember that this is an open roads course, so additional safety precautions for each team will be required.
Required Safety Equipment for Each Team
Two Reflective Vests
Two Blinking LED Lights
2020 Course Legs & Maps will be announced by Fall 2019.
2019 Course Legs & Maps
Leg #1 – Highland Brewing Company to AC Reynolds Middle School – 6.13 miles
Leg #2 – AC Reynolds Middle School to Skyland Fire Department – 6.00 miles
Leg #3 – Skyland Fire Department to Fletcher Elementary School – 7.12 miles
Leg #4 – Fletcher Elementary School to Southern Appalachian Brewery – 7.55 miles
Leg #5 – Southern Appalachian Brewery to Hillandale Elementary School – 5.28 miles
Leg #6 – Hillandale Elementary School to Tuxedo Park – 4.56 miles
Leg #7 – Tuxedo Park to Talisman Camp – 3.53 miles
Leg #8 – Talisman Camp to Hotel Domestique – 8.87 miles
Leg #9 – Hotel Domestique to The Cliffs at Mountain Park – 4.85 miles
Leg #10 – The Cliffs at Mountain Park to Beechwood Farms – 6.31 miles
Leg #11 – Beechwood Farms to Swamp Rabbit Brewery – 6.20 miles
Leg #12 – Swamp Rabbit Brewery to Unity Park – 8.78 miles
If you have a smartphone with GPS capabilities, you can track where you are on a route mapped on plotaroute.com using your mobile device. The mobile map viewer doesn’t have full navigation capabilities, but it can certainly help to ensure you don’t get lost!
To track your position on a route map, follow these instructions:
1. Select and view the route on your mobile device.
2. Touch the tracker icon in the corner of the map. This will activate GPS tracking and display a blue dot on the map to indicate your current position, surrounded by a shaded blue circle to show the location accuracy. The tracker icon will spin to indicate that tracking is turned on.
3. After your device has obtained a GPS signal, the blue circle should become smaller, indicating improved accuracy.
4. As you move around the route, the blue dot will move to show your current position.
5. To turn tracking off, touch the tracker icon again.